As the warm weather season approaches, many of us will be dusting off our grills and getting ready for outdoor cooking. However, if you live in an area with a lot of wind, you may have found that your grill doesn’t work as well as it used to. The wind can cause the fire to flare up and make it difficult to cook your food evenly.
Grilling in windy conditions can be a challenge, but by following these tips you can be sure that your food will be cooked to perfection every time! Just be sure to take precautions such as choosing a sheltered location and using a windscreen, and you’ll be grilling like a pro in no time!
One way to secure a grill in high winds is to use sandbags. Sandbags can be placed around the perimeter of the grill and will help to keep it in place. Another way to secure your grill is to use a weight. This can be anything from heavy rock to a bag of sand. Simply place the weight on top of the grill and make sure that it is evenly distributed.
With a little bit of effort, you can keep your grill cover in place
even on windy days. By using tie-downs, weights, or a grill gazebo, you can rest assured that your grill will be protected from the wind, no matter how strong it gets. Just be sure to use caution when grilling in high winds and know when to call it quits if the conditions are just too dangerous.
After careful analysis based on certain factors, we have found out some of the best grills (selected from gas and electric version) that can be used under windy condition so that one can enjoy their BBQ easily.
- Price: The Char-Broil Performance Series gas grill is our best budget stainless steel grill because it has everything you need to start grilling right away at an affordable price.
- Easy assembly: The Performance Series assembles in about 15 minutes without tools (although some customers may prefer better instructions).
- Side Burner: The 10,000 BTU Side Burner is a great addition.
- Noisy: Some customers were concerned about the noise level of the gas burners.
- Weak casters: Char-Broil’s wheels are not as stable as other structures.
- 3 burners for uniform intensity
- Easy-to-clean porcelain-coated grates
- Confirmation of specific temperature
You want to make sure your food is properly prepared, but you don’t want to sacrifice flavor or nutritional value. The Char-Broil Classic 360 Liquid Propane Gas Grill allows you to enjoy the flavor of your grilled food without worrying about problems. It’s a great option for wanting vegans.
This grill has three burners, so you can cook all your ingredients at once without worrying about overcooking. The porcelain-coated grates are easy to clean, and the warming rack keeps food warm until ideal mealtime. The Char-Broil Classic 360 also comes with a side burner, perfect for cooking side dishes and sauces. Side shelves provide additional space for preparation, and implicit temperature control ensures perfect food preparation. Whether you’re grilling with a group or just yourself, the Char-Broil Classic 360 is a great option for vegans who want to enjoy the taste of grilled food without the hassle.
- Reliably consistent intensity for perfectly prepared food
- Easy to clean
- The warming rack keeps food warm until ready to eat
- The side burner is perfect for cooking side dishes and sauces
- Implicit temperature control ensures perfect food preparation
4 BURNER GAS Bar-b-que: About 41 burgers are prepared. 622 square inches of total cooking area. Main cooking area: 442 square inches. Optional cooking area: 180 square inches
Burners Result Four main burners are made of hardened tubular steel. Each carries his 10,000 BTU. Includes 13,000 BTU side burner. Absolute BTU is 53,000.
- Rugged: Hardened steel with a powder-coated finish and side shelves ensure this grill can withstand the toughest conditions. The four main burners are constructed from hardened steel tubes for lasting strength.
- EASY START: Electronic start makes starting this grill as easy as pressing a button with a customized starting frame.
- EASY TO USE: Propane tanks are strategically placed and open-backed for easy bottle trading.
- Convertible to Oil Gas: Requires additional combustible gas conversion unit.
The Dyna-Glo 4 burner gas grill features an open cart design. Four stainless steel burners and side burners delivering a total of 12,000 BTU of power ensure the best grilling performance. Made of sturdy cast iron grate with porcelain coating. 461 square inches is the primary cooking area. During cooking, the grill helps preserve the natural juices of your food.
- Include an integrated bottle opener, side burners, durable stainless-steel construction, heat retention and an additional boiler room.
- Weak structure
- Tough development with hardened steel
- Non-stick cooking surface
- Implicit temperature check
- Removable drip plate
- Includes recipe book
- Up to 15 people
If you’re looking for a flexible and robust indoor/outdoor electric grill for vegetable lovers, the George Foreman electric grill is a perfect choice. Made from sturdy hardened steel, this grill features a non-stick cooking surface that makes grilling for a large group easy.
The George Foreman GGR50B grill also has underlying temperature control and a removable drip tray so you can easily monitor the temperature and cook your food to perfection. This grill also comes with a recipe book to help you get started grilling easily.
- Durable and easy to clean
- A non-stick cooking surface is perfect for large gatherings
- Temperature control ensures great cooking
- A recipe book is an extraordinary extension
The above mentioned grills are good for windy condition in our opinion but there are other grills as well that can be used in windy condition. Kindly, do check our other articles and find out the best grill for your need based on other factors.